JUDr. Tomáš Sokol
He graduated from the Faculty of Law at Charles University in Prague in 1978 and he received his doctorate in 1980. After graduating he joined the 2nd Legal Advice Bureau in Prague as a legal assistant. After passing his bar exam in 1980, he has been practicing law continuously with the exception of years 1990 - 1992, when he served as the City Attorney in Prague (1990), and then he was the Minister of the Interior of the Czech Republic (1990 - 1992).
In the second half of 1992, he and JUDr. Jan Brož co-founded Brož & Sokol law firm, which got renamed to Brož & Sokol & Novák law firm in 1999.
Dr. Sokol provides legal services in the area of civil and criminal law. In the area of criminal law he focuses on issues of economic crime in particular. In commercial law, a part of his agenda is the management of general meetings of joint-stock companies, particularly in cases when a conflict of shareholders is expected during the general meeting.
Dr. Sokol represents companies in judicial proceedings and in arbitration proceedings, where he also makes use of his arbitrating experience. In this area he also provides legal services to the public sector. He is a consultant in the area of dealing with internal problems of a company, selling parts of a corporate enterprise, etc.
Dr. Sokol also provides legal services in the area of civil law, where he specializes, among other things, on disputes over protection of personality, including disputes over protection of goodwill legal entity.
A specific area is providing legal services to municipalities, of which the largest one is the capital - Prague.
Within the legal profession, he is also active in training legal assistants.
- an attorney-at-law of the Czech Bar Association
- since 2004 has been registered as an attorney-at-law at the Slovak Bar Association
- since 1997 an examiner for criminal law in bar exams
- since 2004 člen Výboru pro vnější vztahy České advokátní komory
- since 2004 a member of the Committee for technical support and protection of the interests of lawyers
- since 2000 a member of the editorial board of Legal Advisor magazine (Právní rádce)
- registered on the list of arbitrators at Ministry of Justice according to Act no. 216/1994 Coll.
- a member of the Re-codification Commission for Criminal Procedure Code
- a founding member of the Union of Czech Lawyers (Unie obhájců České Republiky)
- founding member of the Union of defence lawyers of the Czech Republic, president of the Union.
- in 2005, he finished second in the Lawyer of the year contest in the field of IT, advertising, and public vote
- in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009, he was elected the Lawyer by public vote (after that the category did not take place anymore)
- in 2009 he received an award from the president of the Czech Bar Association "For Contribution to the Czech Legal Profession"
- for about 15 years, he has been a member of the Arbitration Commission of the Czech Basketball Federation, since 2010 he has been a chairman of the Commission
- chairman of the arbitration Commission of the Czech Volleyball Association
- since 29th September 2011 he has been active with pedagogical activities as a fellow at the Department of public law and public administration at the CEVRO Institute University, o.p.s., Prague 1
- since 2017 vice-chairman of the Czech Bar Association
- co-author of books: Computer Law and Information and Telecommunication Systems Law (Počítačové právo a Právo informačních a telekomunikačních systémů) whose second edition was awarded the annual price of the Czech Association of Competent Communications for the year of 2004
- author of Print and Law (Tisk a právo; Orac publishing house, 2000)
- co-author of The Law on Advocacy (Wolters Kluwer, 2017)
- since 1990 he has been publishing in professional press (Bulletin advokacie, Právní rádce Eprávo and others), and in newspapers (Hospodářské noviny, MF Dnes, Ona Dnes magazine and others).